Monday, October 27, 2008

New Holga 120N

I sold my previous glass lens Holga, the 120GCFN. It gave me loads of interesting shots but I wanted something more, so I got me the basic N model, which uses a plastic lens, no flash but has a hot shoe.



Some of my friends asked me why I gave up the GCFN which comes with glass lens, built-in flash and colour filters for red, blue & yellow flash. It is so I can use an external flash, which I've owned since my Nikon FM2 days and need not buy a new flash. The Nissin 5200 GTE flash has to be attached via an adaptor, which I also use for my DSLR since that does not come with a PC sync attachment.


YAY!!!! Guide Number 52 power!!!!! Comes damn close to my DSLR's Metz!!!

As for what those strips of velcro at the side of the camera body are for, they're so I can seal up any extreme light leaks and also acts as a protective padding against accidental bumps and knocks or the film back from popping open and destroying the whole roll of 120 film. The padding also gives me a nice grip on the camera body, which is rather plasticky and thin. I also gaffered the front area to cut back on any light leaks though I suspect that's probably not necessary.





Besides the 120N, I also got 5 rolls of Shanghai BW GP3 film and a fisheye attachment for the Holga 120 series of cameras.

I just shot off my first roll of black and white film. I will get the results back on Wednesday. I am so looking forward to seeing the results of the Fisheye Lens attachment.

No comments: