Monday, October 27, 2008

Holga 120N's New Clothes

As in the previous post, I've done a little bit more for my 120N. I've given it new clothes, rather than the tattered look of gaffer tape, it's now got army camouflage clothes!

Went to Beach Road to clothe my Holga. Beach Road has loads of army-related stuff and camouflage name tags are one of them. I thought, since there're shops doing camouflage name tags, surely they would be able to sew two small pieces of 2" X 3" & 2" X 3.5" pieces of cloth for me. WRONG!

Man, most of the shops there, they've got major attitude! One shop at the block of flats next to Beach Road Hawker Centre, quoted me $10 to sew two pieces of 2" X 3" cloth onto velcro, using OLD camouflage cloth she got from some used & discarded pair of pants. Another shopowner, at unit 02-133, claims she does not have unwanted pieces of camouflage cloth, only one big piece, and wanted to sell it for $12!!!! WTF! BRING OUT THE CARVING KNIVES AND MATCHES!

Finally found one where the lady was nice enough to help me sew on camo material onto 2" thick velcro strips and even added a little extra by helping me sew on one more piece of 1.5" X 1.5" velcro.


Frontal shot with the 2 pieces of 2" X 3.5" & 2" X 3" velcro, to help pad up the sides, prevent the camera back from accidently popping open and gives me something fatter to grip the camera body with. The right side uses the 2" X 3" strip, to give greater clearance for the shutter release lever on the right side.


The rear, with the extra 1.5" X 1.5" piece, which effectively blocks the frame counter window since that one's a major culprit of light leaks.


With the square tab removed when I need to advance the film and see if I have advanced enough. Also serves as intentional light leakage if I choose to have it removed on a hot sunny day.

Total damage from this nice lady's shop? $5!!!!! HALF THE PRICE of the other rip off, disgustingly rude and overpriced shops. Yea so she does not sew letters onto the cloth, big deal.

I should not expect shopkeepers to have any manners in these places, though I would like to add, those that DO, they certainly will get repeat business or recommendations to others about them from me.

Random thought of the day - Singapore's shopkeepers are in need of some serious customer service training.

No comments: