Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lomo Shots Part 3

This time around, I used mostly the 6cm X 4.5cm mask instead of the usual 6cm X 6cm mask so the images are rectangular in shape. Great for portraiture but not for what I normally take, still life, urban landscapes and the like. Only the first pic is from the 6 X 6 mask.



This is my first time using the 6 X 4.5 mask and I don't really like it on the whole. I'll stick to 6 X 6 even though it gives me less shots (12 as compared to 16). I also find the vignetting a little weak, bordering on non-existent, on the 6 X 4.5. If I had wanted no vignetting, I would've stuck to my DSLR and post processed the hell outta my images in Photoshop. Having said that, the light leaks on a 6 X 4.5 are certainly more prominent.











On a sidenote, I have since sold off this Holga 120GCFN to a good friend and will be getting a Holga 120N with plastic lens. I am also considering a Seagull TLR if the price is right.

Random thought of the day - Richard Avedon once said, " I think all art is about control - the encounter between control and the uncontrollable."

No comments: