Tuesday, October 14, 2008

First Two Rolls Of Holga Film Developed & Scanned!

Yes, it's finally here! It's been so long since I felt this kind of excitement. The age of digital SLRs has seen to it that I have not felt such anticipation, waiting for my film to be developed and printed. Well, this time around, I am feeling it again!

I sent in three rolls of film to develop, the first, B/W to one shop at a popular camera purchasing part of Singapore, which took them approximately four days and were really expensive, and another two colour rolls to a shop nearer to where I worked, and that took them 24 hours, inclusive of scanning. The total cost for the colour film development + scanning costs less than double that of the development of the B/W film but then again, it could well be that with colour, there's just the simple process of machine development.

In any case, I think I'll use the shop that did my two colour rolls since they do offer B/W at the same price too.

Here're some of the pictures. I could get used to this. Some are post-processed in Photoshop. Nothing fancy, just some cross processing such as converting it from C41 processed (used in colour negative films) to something akin to E6 processing (used in positive or slide films).

My next plan, to shoot using slide films and get them developed in C41.




No post-processing done for the above two shots, straight from the CD of scans




Added post-processing effect in Photoshop, using the TLR X-processing Action Script


Added a little fancy border using Illustrator to create the brushed edges then pasting the image in.

Random thought of the day - Peter Adams once said, "Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field."

No comments: